Monday, August 3, 2009

Shine On! - Seminar 2009

Last week I went to the annual Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas, Texas. The theme was Shine On! and I want to Shine On! this year! Of course I want to make lots of money, but there are other things about Mary Kay that I love, like the idea of a company centered around the Golden Rule. Another philosophy I love is that Mary Kay says put God first, Family second, and career third. So, I left the seminar totally pumped. Terri and I went out to lunch afterwards, and the waiter started to tell us about the Cadillac Special. Our eyes grew big and we exchanged knowing glances..."it's a sign" we thought. Later, I pulled out my name tag which had various ribbons recognizing our unit's achievements, one of them being "Cadillac Unit". I smiled and showed it to the waiter and told him that was why we had looked mischievous when he had mentioned the special to us. Then Terri asked if he had a sister or girlfriend who deserved to be pampered, and he said he had a girlfriend. Great! I offered her a free facial and $10 off a purchase and wrote my contact information down. I was out of business cards. I later realized I wrote down my website wrong. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from her. The great thing about the entire experience was that it gave us faith that we CAN work this business. Bringing up Mary Kay to a stranger seemed so scary, but we had done it, and we felt amazing!

The next day I prayed to God to help me, to give me opportunities and courage. When I got home I had an email. It was the daily devotion that I rarely read. I opened it up as soon as I saw the title, "Your Life Purpose". I had truly felt that God had called me to this business, so I was expectant that he would help me with it, keep His end of the bargain so to speak. I felt that the email was truly from God, affirming that He was indeed there to help me. “Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.” Deuteronomy 7:9 I wanted to keep His commands, even though it is sometimes scary, like starting a business, but I felt reassured. Thank you God!

Later, I found three business cards with my MK materials. I packed a fragrance promotional and a business card into a cute little cellophane bag and determined to give them away to people I met while out running my errands. I was so pleased with myself later. I gave two of the bags away. The first girl was a cashier at Michaels. She seemed so pleased, and told me her sister would love the facials I was offering. I gave one to the lady at the grocery store who I talk to all the time. I did it! I didn't get their numbers, but I felt so great. I had passed a test.

I ordered product and materials today, so I HAVE to schedule some classes so I can Party with a Purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment