Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grateful for the Hateful - The Story of a Silver Lining

Yesterday I received a text message from my cousin. "Don't let that Facebook message get you down," it read. What message I wondered. I had been at a Cultural Competency training all day, learning about not just "tolerating" or being "sensitive" to others, but really accepting them.

Later I finally saw what all the fuss what about. Earlier that day, my sister in Germany had suggested I put my Mary Kay goal of 30 faces in 30 days on my Facebook page so that she could comment and it would show up on her friends' pages. The idea was that if anyone wanted to participate in a facial they could ask.

Well, I receieved a really ugly message from someone on my friend list, someone I don't really remember, from high school.

It was dissappointing, but the great news was that I recieved 11 positive and affirming messages, messages that made me feel amazing and cared for. This is a true story about dark clouds that really have a silver lining. This is also a story that makes me think that when you are doing what God really wants you to do, the guy "downstairs" tries really hard to attack you. Too bad he didn't realize I have someone stronger on my side!

So, I haven't really done anything to promote my business the last couple of days, but I hope to really solidify some plans tomorrow, print some fliers and get to work! I need bookings! I need to give facials!

No comments:

Post a Comment