Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Woo Hoo! - The Bubble

So, this morning seemed to start out with a commercial, yes, a commercial about air conditioning repair. The goal of the commercial was to dispel the reasons people sometimes give for not taking care of a seemingly expensive "fix". It presented the various arguments and then pointed out how this particular company did not fit with pre-conceived ideas or hurdles. As the commercial pointed out, you wouldn't stay home from work just because ALL of the lights weren't green! And you wouldn't turn around and go home just because you hit a red light.

I decided that this commercial could really be used to encourage people, myself included, that when we take on something new, big, scary, daunting or out of our comfort zone, that we shouldn't just stop because we "hit a red light".

I hit a red light yesterday evening, but today I kept on truckin'.

I am so proud to say that I gave out my business card twice today. Jill works at Tuesday Morning, and we just started chatting. Sue worked at the next register, and before I knew it we were all just chatting. I gave Jill my last business card and a fragrance scratch and sniff card and felt bad I didn't have anything for Sue. Then I remembered I had some fragrance samples so I let Sue pick one out and gave the other to Jill. She seemed excited about Mary Kay, so I hope I hear back from her.

At Sonic I was contemplating giving a "pretend" business card (a customer info card) to the girl who worked there. I was nervous, but then she smiled at me, and I knew I could do it. I told her I became a consultant in March, but had fizzled because I wasn't brave enough to talk to people, and that is was my goal to talk to one person per day. She told me I was doing a great job, and I explained that it was her big smile that gave me the courage. Wow, what a difference a smile can make! She said she would definitely call me.

So, I have four potential shows and I am starting to take off from the red light. You know, you don't just zoom off from red lights or you hit the car in front of you. So, I am moving slowly and steadily, and I feel I making progress.

Yeah! Doesn't it feel good to make people feel good.

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.” Philippians 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment