Right after Christmas, Skylar was diagnosed with skin cancer. His thyroid and liver were bad as well. I opted for cancer to remove the tumor, which was a huge financial drain, especially considering I just bought the house and pay more for it than my apartment. I love my little Skylar, and even things will be tough financially for awhile, it was worth it. He now has three daily medications and has been having some urination concerns, which seem to have cleared up a bit lately as long as I leave work as early as possible.
The other big news is that since January I have started a pretty strenuous workout and diet. I have lost about 12 pounds, and I am so excited! I have been using the same run program that my sister has used and recommended, C25K. I enjoy the competitiveness I have with the program! I am also meeting with a workout partner and that has helped me get to the gym more often. Now, the gym is my place of refuge and solace. It's one of the few places I can go to forget my worries.
School is hectic these days with TAKS right around the corner and layoffs looming overhead. There is apparently no money for education, and although it's more complex than that, it boils down to teachers losing their jobs. The uncertainty of the time make life more stressful than normal.
Of course, I myself have my own personal questions of uncertainty. Today I described my situation as something like a question long in the making, or something to that effect. It was more eloquent when I first uttered it. Anyway, life is about momentous times like buying houses, heart-breaking times balanced by difficult solutions like pulling together the money for your dog's surgery, small triumphant moments of meeting personal goals, and times of uncertainty both personal and global.
I am trying to keep an open mind most of all, open to the possibilities of what may happen and the paths my life my take me on. I am trying to figure things out of course, but find that choosing my own path is difficult. Right now I am taking things one day at a time, although the "planner" in me is having difficulty with that.
I pray for guidance, and for the wisdom to recognize the guidance as it comes, and the courage to follow through.
No comments:
Post a Comment