Rock Climbing!
Two weeks ago I tried rock climbing at an indoor facility called Exposure Rock Climbing. I went with my friend and her kids. I ended up climbing a few times. The first time I only went about half way. I was scared, and I was very sure that I wouldn't make it to the top. Later, the kids encouraged me to give it another try, so with their encouragement, I shakily made it to the top. After reaching the ceiling I felt a real sense of accomplishment. It reminded me of how I felt after I went scuba diving for the first time. I felt proud, like I could do almost anything. Then I went up a few more times. The following week, there I was, climbing again, and I even tried climbing the "boulders" section without a rope. That was too hard for me, but I really enjoyed myself. Maybe I found a new hobby. It's great exercise, but boy was I sore afterwards. I hope to make it back out there, although it's a little expensive for now unless I become a member of the club. I need to get back to the gym...my running, well, I haven't been keeping up with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment