Friday, August 6, 2010
Austin Ranch Review - Yelp.com
Five years ago when I first moved into Austin Ranch I would have suggested it as a wonderful place to live for anyone moving into the area. Sadly, much of the care and "extras" that once abounded here are gone, especially in the north side due to the expansion of the south side. There are areas that have not been taken care of the way they once were. Resident activities, the brunches, the socials, jazz nights, movies nights, etc. have all but disappeared unless they are just not being promoted anymore. The pools are such an attraction that people will steal your access card, as mine was stolen. Now I can't use the gym, and it is $50 to replace the card! My building, and several other residents I know, have had severe leaks and water damage that has taken repair after repair to fix. My neighbor downstairs had crickets all over her new apartment when she moved in. Her carpet was not clean. There was paint on the blinds. The worst situation right now is the trash removal system.There are currently too many residents and too few trash areas. There are a few dumpsters around the property, and AR has done their best after some complaints to "hide" the dumpsters. When I first moved in, AR had curb-side pick-up. Then, for a year or so, all of the areas had curb-side except Phase I, my phase of course. I have heard from a maintenance man that all of the phases will no longer have curbside pick-up. What this means to me is that more people have to take their garbage out when it is convenient for them and annoying to me. Also, it creates a great deal of garbage setting out at trash deposit spots for an extended time, and with the skunks, coyotes, and the bob cat that live nearby it becomes a dangerous situation. I have seen all but the bob cat in my area! The dumpster by my building is a compactor, and is the largest dumpster on property. People come by and throw trash in at all times of the day and night, often waking me and my neighbors above and below. The compacting part is terribly loud and makes sleeping a nightmare, mornings annoying and afternoons relentless. When the dumpster removal truck picks up the dumpster and brings it back the task in extremely loud. After asking AR to remove the dumpster and relocate it to an area not so near residents I have been told that they can't move it. Even the dumpster company truck driver I talked to said his company had suggested to AR that they move the dumpster. I have been told that the dumpster will be shut off at night and not used until absolutely needed in the mornings, but so far, I am still be annoyed by this noisy, smelly, eyesore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment